People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Haircut

Ta Da! After....
The Mullet Before the Big Snip (Daddy looking on....)


Maddy's hair has been looking a little *ahem* scruffy lately so I decided to bite the bullet and take care of the mullet. I had been hoping the sides would catch up to the back, but it just wasn't going to happen and really badly needed to be shaped up a bit. I was worried that she wouldn't sit still for a hairdresser or freak out and get half a haircut (plus I am just a tightwad and super cheap), so I decided to try it myself since she L-O-V-E-S playing beauty shop. She likes to get my hair combed, then wet it down, then blowdry it, then put clippies in it. She tries to do ponies, but can't quite figure it out yet... anyway, I digress, back to the haircut. She held so still for me, I was very impressed - I took about an inch and a half off just the very back and then trimmed the sides a little and her bangs too. I kept the sweet little curls in a keepsake box, I can't believe I really cut it after waiting so long for her hair to grow and especially since it looked so sleek when I had it all combed out right before the big snip. But I think it looks pretty good so we'll see what it looks like in the morning light.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Wow that is a momentous occasion! I have been thinking about needing to do the same thing with Odessa. The back is just so much longer than the sides and top! I am planning to wait as long as I can stand it. Plus it just gets curlier and curlier everyday!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Wow! I'm impressed! It looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home