People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Maddy's Pukey Pesach

Thursday Maddy and I traveled by train to Seattle to celebrate Pesach (Passover) with my family. We decided to go at the last minute to say good-bye to Brian (my brother) before he moves to Colorado for a new sales position with Novo Coffee. www.novocoffee.com He has been contemplating the move for a while, but it has all fallen into place rather quickly. Lesley will join him in a few months after she finishes up a project at her current job, finds a new position and gets their household ready to move. They'll be living in the Denver area: we wish them prosperity and happiness in their new home!

Brian and Lesley hosted a wonderful Seder meal at their home.... there was much laughing and drinking and celebrating with good friends and food and family. Lesley cooks a mean Matzah Ball! The traditions for Passover are really beautiful and wonderfully full of hope in God's protection and promises. Each food has significance from the history of the Israelite people and their enslavement and subsequent exodus to freedom. Maddy was captivated by all the rowdiness and excitement. She was passed around and bounced and stayed up waaaayyy past her bedtime because, hey, who can sleep through a Zielinski party? But at 10:30pm she decided enough was enough and vomited all over mommy. NASTY! So I took her hint that she had been totally overstimulated, got her cleaned up (thanks for the extra outfit Cara!) and Grandma and I headed home with our little bundle. It does NOT pay off to pack lightly when traveling because by now she had blown through her normal outfit, the spare and her jammies not to mention the only outfit that I had to wear. All in my attempts to avoid a suitcase on the train. Sigh. Then Mt. Maddy blew again in the car - sorry about your upholstery Grandma! So now not only am I stinky and tired, but you can add worried to my list of emptions. I am a champion gold medal worrier and I was in overdrive now...Why was Maddy sick?? I had myself convinced that she was going to vomit, aspirate and die at any second. It continued through most of the night but we managed to get a little sleep in between bouts. I just snuggled her on her side next to me and that seemed to comfort her. Poor little gal, she was really having a hard time with it, though... Today we hitched a ride back down south with Grandma and Grandpa on their way to their Philomath property. What a whirlwind adventure for all of us, let's hope this bug passes quickly and soon Maddy is back to her sunny sweet self.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Melissa Zollner said...

Thanks Deb, I was worried about her getting dehydrated because she hadn't kept anything down. The volume that comes up when she vomited was incredible!!!! But I feel reassured knowing the booby juice is the best treatment because I have plenty of that around... see you Monday.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry Maddy got sick on your trip. Hope she's feeling lots better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home