People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Conspiracy

Just when Maddy is *FINALLY* sleeping great at night, I realize they are out to get me. By they I mean the other living creatures in this house. Jason snores. Micah barks multiple times from his crate just as I hit that glorious deep sleep rhythm. Edward thinks I am his personal jungle gym. Our plecostamus fish has so outgrown his tank that he crashes around when he moves and lifts the lid, making a loud, unpleasant thunk thunk thunk. All. Night. Long. All five of them taking turns in one big conspiracy to keep me a walking, talking sleep deprived zombie. And Jason wants to have another baby and all I can think is "then there will be six of them against me". I am totally completely hopelessly outnumbered.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger LinskiZ said...

Grandma Linda responding here.
Well, remember what Grandma June (my Mom) always said...."The first hundred years are the hardest"

And boy was she ever right!!!

Nobody ever died from lack of sleep although sleep deprivation can certainly cause you to do wacky things. Eventually the kids will sleep in until noon when they're teenagers. I just look at night time as several naps strung together. There's a few yrs where you'll get abit more sleep but even when the kids are grown and gone you'll find you now have the bladder capacity of a thimble and you'll have to get up to pee during the night. Or you'll find yourself doing the menopausal tossing and turning like a chicken on a rotisserie spit routine. Personally, I think sleep is over-rated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home