People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

February Where Are You?

January has been a rough month for us Zollners.... we started it off with a NASTY seven day long bout of stomach flu for Maddy (and then an abbreviated version for lucky Jason). Then we got two new teeth which is always a bummer. Then yet ANOTHER, albeit much shorter, round of stomach flu the past few days and two more teeth on the verge of coming through. #15 and #16, then we are DONE with those little buggers for a while. I suppose the good news is that the month is almost over and February has to be healthier for all of us (more sleep for mama included in that wish!). In the midst of the spewing of bodily fluids (the tremendous volume of which is completely amazing coming from a 23 pound little person), our dryer died. So I have mounds of dirty laundry taunting the obsessive side of my personality. Before it died I was in the middle of doing a bunch of laundry so I had two huge loads that were clean and wet with no place to efficiently dry them. We had underwear hanging from our overhead fans and socks and shirts and pants and towels draped over every possible piece of furniture. Our wonderful neighbors Gary and Ev (Gary went to high school with my Dad, how crazy is that? From Corvallis to Kirkland and Gresham and then they meet again 40 years later) let us borrow their dryer to dry towels (17 of them!!) because you just have to have towels around when you are dealing with the level of nasty that had invaded Maddy's system. We have a lead on a used dryer that matches our new(ish) washer that we will check out tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out then it is off to Best Buy for me because I simply can not handle the piles any longer. Using a laundromat is just more than I can bear at this point. The thought of hauling all that stinky laundry to a public place and spending goodness knows how much to get never-quite-dry-laundry-no-matter-how-many-quarters-you-drop-in-the-slot while Maddy continues to leak from every possible orifice is just overwhelming to me. Sigh. February, where are you....won't you please come quickly????

3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Earthmamagoddess said...

AWWW poor thing....I am sooo sorry she got it TWICE and then your dryer exploded. seriously sucks....guess where I spent today and then my BRAIN exploded? That's right the fucking LaundryMattress as Lolly calls it!! with both girls...and 16 count'em 16 loads of laundry.

I FEEEEL your pain and send you much dryer energy, my friend

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Megan said...

We are dealing with the flu at our place too. First daddy, then baby, and then mommy went down. Nothing is more sad than seeing your baby in pain and not being able to do much to relieve it! Hope you all feel better soon! Here is to a healthier February for all of us!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Goodness, I hope you are all feeling better! Sending prayers of health your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home