People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Monday, February 11, 2008

No Cavities

Maddy had her first dentist appointment this morning and she has no cavities! In fact, the dentist said her teeth are perfect and beautiful. I was a little nervous because I've always felt that she didn't brush long enough, well enough, etc. but I never wanted to pin her down and struggle and turn it into a big power trip. I want her experience with brushing and also visiting the dentist to be very positive, so far so good! The dentist and his staff were super helpful and very in tune with her level of comfort as they went along. She got a tour, got to play with the gerbils, got to squirt the water gun and then suck up the puddles, look at all the instruments, and basically get used to the idea of the dentist. They were able to get a quick peek inside her mouth, enough to count the teeth and check them over, but it was a no go with cleaning or flouride today, but we got a lot farther than I had hoped we would. I would be terrified if some stranger wanted to put a bunch of metal instruments in my mouth seconds after we met.... she did really well. We have another appt in six months and she will be almost 3 (THREE!!!) then so since the first visit was so positive, she might trust them enough for the whole shebang.

(I know, I know, it is completely unacceptable to post with no pictures of the girls, but I just cant seem to find the camera when they are being cute or willing to submit to photographs. Plus we have all been sick as sick can be and nobody wants evidence of that, believe me, it has not been pretty.)

1 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Way to go Maddy and Mama. We have learned a new trick at our house: O LOVES the automatic toothbrush... at least for now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home