People's Republic of Zollner

So the world DOES in fact revolve around Madeline Jane and Karis Anne Zollner!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Introducing Miss Karis Anne!

Welcome to the world, Karis Anne! Moments after her birth...
Day two, snoozing away....
Dr. Jen and her apprentice Jeannie the next day when they came to check on the two of us....
Karis getting her newborn exam about two hours after birth by Dr. Zieman
Maddy meeting her new little sister! My friend Krista watched her during my labor and brought her back home a few hours after Karis arrived. She exclaimed "Oh! My baby!!!" and gave her some loves and then ran off to play with her toys.



Karis Anne Zollner was born at home in the water at 2:47 pm on Saturday November 17th! She weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and measured 19 3/4 inches in length. She is perfect in every way. And while she looks like herself, she has a remarkable resemblance to Maddy, only darker with more hair. We had the best midwives and support team imaginable to help us make this dream come true. My labor and birth were truly perfect in every way, even better than I hoped and prayed for all these months. I have lots of great juicy intimate birth pictures for those of you who are so inclined, you just have to ask. I'll keep those private for now, but here are some pictures of our new little one.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Earthmamagoddess said...

Thank the LORD you cropped me out of that first picture LOL

Yay!! I can't wait to see the juicy ones!!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Mer said...

Once again, congrtulations!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger UrbanHippieMama said...

I am OVERJOYED for you, Melissa! Welcome, sweet Karis. :)

I can't wait to see the juicy birth pictures, you HBAC goddess!!!

love, breana

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Hedy said...

Melissa, I am SO happy for you! Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL baby girl!

Welcome to the world, Karis!

Enjoy your babymoon, radiant mama!

-H

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I am so impressed that you've had the time to post this much! :o) Karis is just beautiful and you don't even look like you've just given birth (I'm secretly jealous!). Congrats and I can't wait to come visit soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home